BRITISH HERITAGE MEETS SWISS ENGINEERING
Unrivalled British heritage. World-class Swiss engineering The Vertex M100
HARDWEARING, FUNCTIONAL, RELIABLE
Combining a true British classic with contemporary engineering and craftsmanship
A BRITISH CLASSIC, REINVENTED
The Vertex M100 celebrates 100 years since Vertex was founded by Claude Lyons in 1916
Shaped by British History
THE M100 A BRITISH CLASSIC, REINVENTED
- Custom ETA 7001 mechanical movement with rhodium finish and Cotes de Geneve decoration.
- Moulded Super-LumiNova ® dial
- Brushed steel case, box crystal glass, waterproof to 100m.
- Hand wound with 42 hour reserve.
- Black dial with arabic numerals to maximise legibility, in homage to the Vertex W.W.W watch of 1944.
- Packaged in a Peli case with two straps - a black leather two-piece strap, with contrasting red lining and a bespoke nylon NATO-style strap in Admiralty Grey.
- Price: £2,500
- Available by referral and to owners of the original W.W.W. watch.
THE VERTEX STORY
Founded over a century ago by Claude Lyons in London’s jewellery heartland, Hatton Garden, Vertex quickly grew to become one of the most successful watch companies in Great Britain.
During the Second World War the British Military selected Vertex, along with eleven other leading watchmakers, to supply the army with a new watch built to an exacting bespoke design. The specifications were precisely what you would expect of a military watch - waterproof, luminous, regulated to chronometer level and rugged. On top of that, the dial needed to be black with arabic numerals to maximise legibility.
This select group have became known as the ‘Dirty Dozen’
Don Cochrane is the great-grandson of Claude Lyons and proud owner of Vertex Watches. His passion is to continue his great-grandfather’s legacy and pay tribute to these watches through the new Vertex M100.
Vertex returns us to a more virtuous era. When actions spoke louder than words. When a reputation opened doors. When a gentleman’s word was his bond. When, in the words of Vertex’s original catalogue, it was ‘safe to judge by appearance, for the same standard applies throughout’.
Simple, elegant, dependable. Three words that describe not only those times, but also the Vertex M100. Its precise Swiss movement relying on the wearer’s winding it by hand to ensure it keeps perfect time.
The Vertex watch company and all it stands for – the proudly-held reputation, the uncompromising quality, the rugged elegance – are all present and correct in the new M100.